There are some perks to being tall, but sometimes it would be nice to drop a few inches and live in the average height bracket. With people staring and clothes not fitting, it’s not always an easy ride living in a world designed for smaller beings. Short girls taking advices from you or short boys being jealous of your height, I am with you girls. Yes, I can understand totally, how it feels.
Here are things all tall people will relate to:-
1. Same question with every meeting: - You exactly will relate to this. Whenever you meet a person (outsider/relative) same question will pop up, “how are you so tall? “ even before saying Hello, they just repeat this thing every single time. Even after saying height is not my fault, they don’t get satisfied ever.
2. Shopping is not a fun anymore: - Beautiful dress will always be too short and that pair of jeans will fit the waist perfectly, but disappoint in length. We all should have a personal tailor. Agree???
3. Joke that I hate the most: - I am sure you hate this too when people ask how much Complan and bournvita have you drank in your life? I have been asked this so many times that I hate this now. It’s not a joke anymore!
4. Journey with long legs: - Believe it or not, cramped spaces and long legs, a hell lot of struggle. Our journeys sometimes become a war to sit properly.
5. Yes, we are killer: - We girls have to kill our desire to wear our favourite heels and this always happens with me. Ruining that perfect outfit with a simple pair of flats, that’s all I used to do.
6. Ladder and I are same: - We are ladder for our family members. Every work related to upper shelves will be done by us only. Same thing goes at the workplace too and I am annoyed with this behaviour of people. “Use that real ladder please!”
7. Front row is not for us: - Hell true. We people are not meant for front rows. The struggle is real.
8. We know the truth: - Yes, no need to mention it as you are not the only one to exclaim how tall I look. Most people try to reveal this mystery to us every day that we are tall. Isn’t it funny ha-ha!
9. Unwanted advices: - Trust me guys, this is the funniest one. I have given advice to quit my work out because people thought my height will increase more. Hilarious!
I am 5’8” and that’s not much tall according to me but here in India or I will say places I have visited, I have been stared by people as hell. Average height for girls are 5’2” or 5’4” here. Cherry on top as I am skinny too, everyone gives me advices to eat a lot so that I will be a little fat and I wouldn’t look that tall.
I just wanna say one thing, “let us live the way we are. Let everybody live the way they are.”